Registration is now closed.
Walk-in participants will not be accepted.
Sustainable management of natural resources and environment is one of the greatest challenges humanity is facing in the 21st century and beyond. The 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) reaffirm the need to achieve sustainable development by promoting economic development, social inclusion, environmental sustainability, and good governance, including peace and security. Natural Resources Management (NRM) is at the core of achieving SDGs. In this international conference, knowledge and experiences on mainstreaming Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management (INREM) in sustainable development will be shared among academics, researchers, and practitioners in environment and natural resources management.
Objectives of the Conference:
The international conference aims to:
- Facilitate sharing of ideas and experiences on INREM among stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region;
- Synthesize knowledge on INREM of lake and river basins, landscapes and seascapes, small islands, and rural-urban areas; and
- Establish a network among INREM stakeholders in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Lake and river basin
- Landscapes and seascapes
- Small islands
- Rural-urban linkages
Focus of Paper and Poster Presentations:
- Policy and Governance
- Socio-economic Analysis
- Biophysical Assessment
- Pollution and Environmental Degradation
- Waste Management
- Human Settlements
- Indigenous Knowledge System
Expected Outputs from the Conference
The following are the expected outputs of the conference:
- Synthesis of knowledge and practice of INREM in Southeast Asia (SEA) to be published in a special issue of the Ecosystems and Development Journal, a publication of the College of Forestry, University of the Philippines Los Banos, Laguna
- INREM declaration that will address current and future issues and problems on natural resources and environmental degradation in the SEA region
- Regular platform for dialogue and knowledge sharing among INREM stakeholders in SEA to advance the discipline and practice of INREM
- 31 August 2016 – Deadline of online submission of abstracts for paper and poster presentations
- 30 September 2016 – Release of notice of acceptance
- 15 December 2016 – Deadline of submission of full paper for accepted abstracts
- 21-23 February 2017 – 1st International Conference on Integrated Natural Resources and Environmental Management
See you at the conference!